Welcome to the blog of the Research and Enterprise Development Centre at CCCU (or ‘RED’ for short).
If you’ve never worked with RED before and don’t know what we do, here’s a selection of some of the things we get involved in:
Acting as the link between CCCU and the outside world
- We regularly connect with businesses and groups in our communities. This means our Research and Knowledge Exchange (RKE) strategies and practice are informed by and reflect local, national and international policy agendas. It also means CCCU can help influence those agendas.
- RED leads on development of university policy and procedures around RKE. We’re currently looking at issues such as open access, impact, consultancy and Intellectual Property. (See current policy documents.)
Management of Institution Returns and Funding
- Last year was a big year as we were responsible for coordinating CCCU’s REF return. We also coordinate the annual HEBCI and HEIF returns to HEFCE.
- We manage the distribution of the university’s HEIF and QR funding allocation.
Developing funded RKE activities
- We support academic colleagues who want to apply for external and internal funding for RKE projects. We offer guidance on the entire process, from finding a funding source through to project set up.
- We help broker relationships with external organisations to develop collaborative RKE projects and consultancy opportunities.
RKE Project Support
- We offer advice and support with project management to ensure the successful completion and delivery of RKE projects.
RKE capacity building and staff development
- We organise and deliver training to develop RKE skills across the university (see Staff Development handbook). We also run bespoke sessions to Schools/Faculties and offer one-to-one advice and guidance for academic staff.
- We can advise on quantitative research methods and statistical IT packages.
Research Ethics & governance
- We monitor and advise on research governance and ethics requirements.
Support for Student and Staff Enterprise
- We support staff in developing their intellectual property and commercialising their ideas. We also support students to develop entrepreneurial skills.
The Internship Scheme
- We developed and now manage the university’s popular summer internship scheme.
We’ll tell you more about what we do on this blog in the coming months. Please contact us if you have any queries.