Education Endowment Fund Opens Summer 2019 Funding Round – A new round of the Education Endowment Fund (EEF) general funding programme is now open to applications.
EEF will fund local authorities, academy sponsors, charities and other groups that bring forward innovative proposals to improve performance in the most challenging schools.
The overall objective of the programme is to break the link between family background and educational achievement, ensuring that young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to fulfil their aspirations and make the most of their talents.
EEF are open to ideas on a range of topics. However, for Round 15 they are particularly interested in projects that maintain or improve pupil outcomes while reducing teacher workload. For example, this could include:
• Approaches to marking and assessment that improve the efficiency of the process without decreasing its impact; or
• Testing models of professional development that effectively influence teacher practice without requiring substantial teacher time.
EEF have funded a large number of trials on primary literacy teaching and as such will only consider new proposals in this area by exception, if they would generate significant contributions to the existing evidence base.
Eligible applicants are as follows:
• Registered charities
• Not-for-profit organisations
• Individual schools and Clusters of schools
• Teacher groups
• Universities and Colleges
• Academy chains
• Mutuals and Co-operatives
• Or any combination of the above.
The expected minimum grants size is £50,000. The deadline for Summer 2019 Round 15 applications is 28 June 2019.