‘Moving assessment online: Key principles for inclusion, pedagogy and practice’ 9 April webinar
During this member only webinar, speakers Professor David Carless, Dr Geoff Stoakes and Jess Moody will lead a conversation around the challenges the HE sector is facing during the current Covid-19 climate. There is a requirement for universities to make major changes to their teaching, assessment and support provision, a number of which will be considered during the webinar. We will be hosting two identical webinars, one at 09:00 and one at 13:00 BST to allow as many people as possible to join us.
Assessment has provided a particularly demanding issue, in which rapid decisions have been made and assessment tasks have been revised and migrated online, with consequences for the assessment methods used and the nature of feedback that can be given. In view of the urgent need for information and support about these issues, this webinar will provide guidance for educators about these issues. All webinar participants are invited to join the discussion, which will centre around the following points:
- Options for assessment methods that lend themselves to online use
- Ensuring that assessment and feedback online retains a learning-based emphasis for all students
- Options and strategies for feedback when working in an online only environment
- Issues in managing quality and standards in online assessment
- Student support, diversity and inclusion issues
- Constraints and challenges to consider and respond to.
Date: 9 April Time: 09:00 and 13:00 BST
At Advance HE, we want our member benefits to be accessible to as many of our members as possible. All webinars in the Connect Event Series are recorded and available to watch at your convenience via the member benefits group on Advance HE Connect.